Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Anniversary!













Jason and I recently celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. Can you believe that it has been that long? Neither can I. Jason planned out a wonderful date for us to celebrate-complete with steak and jewelery. It was so nice of him to surprise me! In thanks I would like to do something I don't do enough. I would like to pay tribute to my Wonderful husband and say a few things that I love about Jason. There are probably a few things that you did not know here. Hopefully he won't be too embarrassed.

~ Jason gives random acts of kindness. Every once in awhile I come home to flowers on the table or my favorite treat. I love that he thinks of me when I am not with him. He is there to hug me when work or just life is too hard.

~ He's a great Dad. Jason is so good at making sad kids happy. He can always get them to laugh. Ever since I have been working weekends he has been the main caregiver for the kids while I am gone and he does a wonderful job. In fact, I think he is more "fun" to be with than me. The kids get more pizza and McDonald's with Dad. Maybe he is just as much a "sucker" as I am when it comes to the kids and how they wrap themselves around our little fingers.

~ Jason is a great reader. He always denies this, but he is so fast at reading. He says it is because he spends the time, but we can spend the same amount of time on a book and he will invariably finish ten times faster than me. Not only is he fast, but he loves to read. As a result, Jason always has interesting things to say.

~ Jason is not afraid of hard work. Jason is the one who will shovel the driveway or mow the lawn. I think he actually enjoys it sometimes-when he is not slipping on the ice and breaking his head. Also, when times are rough and Jason is between Jobs, I don't worry too much, because I know that even if it means doing something that he hates-he will take care of us.

~Jason is not that great a cook. This may seem funny to love, but what I love is that he tries. Even though he is not that experienced at cooking he makes a mean scrambled egg, which is all you need if you are nursing a sick wife, as we have found over the years. Also, Jason has always been good at making cakes. He says that he had a lot of experience with cakes from scratch in his scout days. Thank you America.

~Jason is musical. Most of you know this fact, but It is something that draws me to him. I love hearing him play the piano, however rare it may be these days.

~Jason is my personal IMDB. He knows all the actors names and what other shows they have been in. I ask him all the time when I recognize someone in a movie and just can't place them.

~Jason is an accomplished gift wrapper. He says it is all about angles. I think this stems from his days at Deseret Book.

~Jason is logical. This attribute balances me out nicely. If it were up to me we would spend all our free time at Disneyland and we would be homeless in a month. He keeps me in line.

~Jason loves us! Thank you for always being there and working hard for us! We love you too.

~Dacia

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary friends! You both are so great, and great together. Time has flown by so fast. We miss you, take care! We hit our 11th tomorrow too. Love you guys!

Heidi Mae said...

Happy late Anniversary!! Glad you had such a great day. And did I hear something about jewelry? Where's a picture?

Bob and Danya said...

11 years huh? Oh ya....we've been married the same amount. LOL! Congrats to all of us! heehee!

Did you have a fun trip to New York?

Jon said...

Yeah, buddy! That's my big brother!

Jon

ps Happy (super-late) anniversary