Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Memoriam

Today was a sad day for our family, but not as sad as for our pet. "Sparks Gray" lived a short, but fulfilling life. He had his own tank with a plant and a filter and all the nice things that fishys like. Unfortunately for him, he had an owner named Spencer. This morning I was dead asleep in bed, no pun intended, when Jonah ran into my room yelling: "Spencer just dumped the fish down the sink!" Sure enough the tank was empty. We (Jason) tried to salvage Sparks by taking off the U-pipe under the sink to see if possibly he might still be there, but alas, he was gone. Jonathan offered to say a prayer for Sparks. He prayed, "Heavenly Father, please help Sparks get to the ocean quickly." I about lost it then. I didn't mean to snicker, but I'm afraid I did. I really wish all drains did lead to the ocean like in Finding Nemo.

4 comments:

Heidi Mae said...

We have a problem at our house with our 3rd as well. The older 2 try very hard to do what they should and it drives them insane that Douglas tries so hard to do exactly what he shouldn't (at all times). ;)

ps sorry about the fish. :(

Rebecca said...

Oh, that is so cute! We have a beta too and wonder when his time will come . . .

Bob and Danya said...

Oh Spencer!!! Now that Bob and I have had the laugh of the week, we'll continue on with our day (with lots of giggles)....

brittanimae said...

Cute fish! And they do!! All drains DO lead to the ocean! At least, that's what my mom told me . . . :)