Monday, February 25, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

Jonathan has been on a roll lately. Not only is he of half a mind (in or out) he has kept us laughing at his adorable conversation. Last Friday night we went to PeiWie chinese for dinner and Jon Jon wanted to save his chopsticks. I had already brought him a spare set so that he could use it on his leftovers, but somehow he made it to the car with his already used set. Jason took them away and told him to get into the car. I was putting Spencer in the back seat at the time that Jon got in and he said with his sad little face, "Mommy, I'm fired." I replied, "Do you know what fired means?" and continued to explain that fired means that you have a job and someone takes it away from you. Then Jason got in the car and Jon Jon-still sad, said "I lost my job.". It was so cute and funny. What a crack up! Saturday we went to the Spiderwick movie with the kids and after the show Jonathan ran out of the room to the arcade. Jason found him there a few minutes later. The next time I saw him he said: "Mommy, I lost my job again". I wonder if this is going to be the thing he says whenever he gets into trouble.
Last night we went to visit my Mom in Orem. As we were leaving I noticed in my rear-view mirror that there were two deer behind me. I was glad that I looked before backing up. I said:
"Jonathan, look at the deer!" By that time the were in the neighbor's yard and were standing very still. Jonathan finally found them and declared: "They're their pets!"
Now that would be interesting to have 2 does as pets!
What a funny bunny!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

That little Jon Jon is a hoot! What a crack-up! Kids do say the funniest little things sometimes. You almost hate to correct them because it's so funny! LOL!